subnet not reachable from split tunnel VPN client

TEAM-ind
Getting noticed

subnet not reachable from split tunnel VPN client

Hello.  I hope everyone is doing well.   I am seeing a behavior when adding a subnet to our LAN.  Each of our locations has an MX appliance.    192.168.102.0 /24 is newly added network at one location, and it is reachable from all locations and from VPN clients.  However, when I split tunnel a VPN client, it is not reachable.  I cannot figure out why.  Other local subnets are reachable when using split tunnel, but not this newly added one.

Can anybody provide a reason as to why that might be the case?

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried adding the route to the network manually?

netsh interface ipv4 add route <destination subnet> "<interface name>"

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Configuring_Split_Tunnel_Client_VPN 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello, and thank you for your reply.

Yes, that does work, but I am wondering why I need to do that, as I do not need to for other local networks.

Because it is necessary to specify the traffic that goes to the VPN manually as described in the documentation, for this it is necessary to create the entry manually.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels