remote VPN clients not showing correctly in terminal server

MGregC
Conversationalist

remote VPN clients not showing correctly in terminal server

We use MS 2019 terminal servers and have remote locations connecting via MX' to the data center where the TS live. Clients on the other end of the VPN show as coming from the WAN IP of the hub MX at the data center. We are tracking clients by their IP address given the non-Meraki parts of our infrastructure.

Is there something on the Meraki side that will present the correct IP of the remote client--192.168.x.x, etc?

4 Replies 4
JustinBennett
Here to help

I had the same issue once I moved my RDP servers behind their own protected firewall subnet in my datacenter. Load balancing, RDP Gateway, or NAT on the RDP Hosts can cause the source client IP address to be obscured or dropped for numerous other reasons. I was very sad once I lost this insight as well to my RDP farm. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using L2TP or Anyconnect? 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MGregC
Conversationalist

Sorry for the confusion. 

When I say remote clients I mean they are connected to an MX on the other end of the Meraki AutoVPN. They are not using L2TP or AnyConnect.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels