non-internet connected network connected to WAN2 on mx100 says 'Failed'

SOLVED
Lachlan
Comes here often

non-internet connected network connected to WAN2 on mx100 says 'Failed'

Hi There,

I'm in the process of replacing a fortinet 60D gateway with an MX100. The fortinet has 2 wan ports, 1 connected to the internet and the other to another subnet which has some dedicated lines to data services hosted on it. Wan2 is not connected to the internet.

Setting up WAN1 (internet connection) on the MX100 using a static IP was not problem and worked straight away. When I set the static IP for wan2 the Meraki dashboard tells me that the connection failed, and I can't communicate with devices on that subnet despite WAN2 having the same address/mask/gateway address as was on the fortinet.

Has the WAN2 connection genuinely failed or is it just saying it's failed as it's not able to connect to the internet? Is there a way to tell why it failed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bayet
Getting noticed

Please use another interface ( example LAN 3 ) for connecting the subnet without internet, Create a vlan interface with an IP address of the subnet and assign the VLAN to the interface use. WAN2 should have internet reachability,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bayet
Getting noticed

Please use another interface ( example LAN 3 ) for connecting the subnet without internet, Create a vlan interface with an IP address of the subnet and assign the VLAN to the interface use. WAN2 should have internet reachability,
Lachlan
Comes here often

Worked like a treat. Cheers bayet!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels