mx64 lte LEd Violet

SOLVED
paulreveco
Comes here often

mx64 lte LEd Violet

We had a case of a service that has an MX64C with an LTE connection to the internet, it was unreachable 14 days ago, the technician went, restarted it and raised it for 3 minutes, then it fell again, after that it did not raise the device again. We reboot, check the equipment, the simcard, in the same place take 4G on a cell phone and a bam, but the meraki does not pick up. A detail that caused us strange was the color of the violet light of the equipment, but we did not find related information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @paulreveco you mentioned MX64C but did you mean MX67C?  Also, is this by any chance an active/standby pair of MX64 (or MX67C) appliances, and perhaps the primary MX LED is solid white but the standby MX is solid violet/purple?  I have heard of that type of issue before with an active/standby failover pair, and Meraki Support can correct that known issue via a support case. 

However that issue I've heard of is just a cosmetic issue, while in your case it sounds like the MX is falling offline, even though you have proven the SIM card works fine by swapping it into a call phone.  Was the MX factory-reset at some point for any reason?  Because you will need to have wired Internet connectivity for initial setup (and cellular config) prior to having ONLY cellular as your WAN uplink. 

So if you do have an alternate means of (perhaps temporarily) getting this MX a wired (non-cellular) Internet connection on its wired Internet port, then you might try paper-clipping (factory resetting) the MX and allow it to come up and grab its configuration.  I would suggest opening a Meraki Support ticket to walk through the process.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @paulreveco you mentioned MX64C but did you mean MX67C?  Also, is this by any chance an active/standby pair of MX64 (or MX67C) appliances, and perhaps the primary MX LED is solid white but the standby MX is solid violet/purple?  I have heard of that type of issue before with an active/standby failover pair, and Meraki Support can correct that known issue via a support case. 

However that issue I've heard of is just a cosmetic issue, while in your case it sounds like the MX is falling offline, even though you have proven the SIM card works fine by swapping it into a call phone.  Was the MX factory-reset at some point for any reason?  Because you will need to have wired Internet connectivity for initial setup (and cellular config) prior to having ONLY cellular as your WAN uplink. 

So if you do have an alternate means of (perhaps temporarily) getting this MX a wired (non-cellular) Internet connection on its wired Internet port, then you might try paper-clipping (factory resetting) the MX and allow it to come up and grab its configuration.  I would suggest opening a Meraki Support ticket to walk through the process.  

paulreveco
Comes here often

a MX64C-WW, a factory reset was performed and the equipment came back. But the led is still purple XD

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels