meraki mx configure as bridge mode (Transparent)

SOLVED
firstclick
New here

meraki mx configure as bridge mode (Transparent)

hi sir/mdm,

May I know does the meraki mx firewall can be configure as bridge-mode (transparent)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi wankiller, thanks for the great information.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Hello @firstclick, The MX's can be put into bridge mode by navigating to Security appliance>addressing & Vlans and choosing "Passthrough or VPN Concentrator mode".

This will ultimately put the MX into layer 2 bridging mode. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

hi sir, in this case the firewall still able to conduct following?

1. monitoring on traffic usage, like top talker, top apps , website and etc.

2. QOS and filtering on web and application.

Yes to both of your questions. There are however some features which are not available when putting the MX into Passthrough mode. Refer to the following article for more information - https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Networks_and_Routing/Passthrough_Mode_on_the_MX_Security_Appli...

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

hi wankiller, thanks for the great information.

Can I ask if in Passthrough Mode will I be able to bypass the Wan1 250Mbps limitation of MX64? In other words if I put a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter between my ISP modem and the MX64 can I achieve behind the MX64 LAN ports the same 900Mbps+ throughput I get directly behind the EdgeRouter?

Modem-> 900Mbps+ -> UBNT EdgeRouter -> 900Mbps+ -> Meraki MX64 (passthrough) -> ??? 900Mbps+ ???
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels