events were not logged issue

HanBitLee
Comes here often

events were not logged issue

hello.

Can't you check the detailed value of the log that says "events were not logged" in the event log? What should I do when verification is required?

4 Replies 4
Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That message normally appears when the Event Log gets "spammed" with the same event type in a very short period of time.

If you want to capture all entries regardless if they are the same entry or not, you can leverage your own Syslog and integrate it with the dashboard, this way you will always have a copy of every message that was sent to the Event Log.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Syslog_Server_Overv...

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BettencourtI have had that also an external syslog receive the x messages not logged entry so I believe it is the Meraki device utilization itself that causes this to appear.
I would like to request a feature that lumps all the spammed messages into one message but actually holding the message itself it that would be possible.

Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I did not know that message was also sent to the Syslog, just learned something new, It is possible to request any feature you wish, log in to the dashboard and click the "Give your feedback" button.

No, it is not sent to the syslog server.
What I meant is that when you have the dreaded x amount of messages not logged you also don't see the messages in syslog.  You have a small disconnect between the last received and the new received.

The logic I was conveying is that some people think the MX does not log messages when alot of the same happen to conserve bandwidth towards the cloud.  They are also not logged to a local syslog server which means it also wants to conserve CPU cycles.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels