configure /30 and /29 from ISP

leadtheway
Building a reputation

configure /30 and /29 from ISP

so Have a question on if I can do this and how, Have an ISP that has 2 blocks, their WAN block for their equipment is a /30, but they give us a /29 for our block of IPs.  We have an MX 100 we will be putting in.  In the past I've done this with a MS 350 switch where i created two different vlans, one for each block and then put in a zero route to point to the /30 gateway.  Then just drop whatever switchports into the /29 vlan and assigned the IPs to the equipment as needed. We don't have any MS switches here so I'm wondering can i do the same thing on the MX and be able to basically plug it in to itself that way?  Or is there an easier way?

Thanks in advanced.

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have them route the /29 to the WAN IP on the MX (or even just onto the Ethernet WAN segment) - which they'll probably do anyway without you asking, then just NAT in and out of the /29.

leadtheway
Building a reputation

Ok, I should probably clarify, this is already in place (the connection) the current firewall is a watchguard, but they are using the /30 address.  We will be putting in the MX. Was trying to see how to configure it

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels