cisco AnyConnect SSID transfer

pilavas
Just browsing

cisco AnyConnect SSID transfer

Hi All, 

Just wanted to know If its possible and im sure it is but want confirmation. When we swap laptops is it possible to copy the old SSID list in cisco anyconnect over to the new machine and whats best way to do this please ?

Reason I ask, a user did not want to have to re-enter home SSID and password and wanted everything to be exactly the same as her old laptop.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AnyConnect usually has nothing to do with SSIDs, so I am going to guess you mean VPN profiles.

VPN profiles are stored here (in Windows):
%ProgramData%\Cisco\Cisco Secure Client\VPN\Profile

On Mac:
/opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/
On Linux:
/opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/

No reality, you can use the anyconnect to manage your wifi connection.

Take look at this

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-knowledge-base/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client-3-...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi Thanks for the reply, 

We use Cisco anyconnect when in the office to connect to office Domain using WIFI and when at home connect to home wifi using Cisco anycionnect and use RSA to establish a VPN tunnel. What filwe stores all this information where I can copy to a new or replacement machine which will allow user to connect direct to previously saved WIFI connections and establish VPN. 

The reason I ask is our user's are supper busy and super demanding and would like their IT life to be as simplified as possible. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels