change mtu on wan interface

SOLVED
Aondio_Carlo
Here to help

change mtu on wan interface

Hi, i have a problem with a new fiber connection that use a mtu lower.

For not change all the mtu size on the client it's possible change the size on tha wan on lan interface of mx80?

Thank

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Hello @Aondio_Carlo, Yes the MTU Size can be changed on the WAN interfaces. You'll have to open a support case with Meraki support (help>get help ). Tell Meraki support the desired MTU size and they can set it on your MX for you.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Hello @Aondio_Carlo, Yes the MTU Size can be changed on the WAN interfaces. You'll have to open a support case with Meraki support (help>get help ). Tell Meraki support the desired MTU size and they can set it on your MX for you.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Hi, thank for answer. I have open a support cases and i wait the answer from them.
Thank

Hi all,

if an MX device needs to be replaced (RMA case), would the replacement device get the same MTU size setting that the broken one had configured (by Meraki Support)?

Or do we have to open a new case right after the device has actually been replaced?

Rgds, Andreas

joopv
Getting noticed

I'm also interested in an answer to this question.

Can this also be done on a template ?

AndreasE
Getting noticed

Ha, I would be so glad if I could configure it manually at all -- not to dream of a template...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels