auto update anyconnect client on windows and linux

Abechara
Here to help

auto update anyconnect client on windows and linux

any way to update the anyconnect client connected to meraki from windows or linux?

12 Replies 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you need to download it from Cisco software and install it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281283/type/282364313/release/4.10.08029?i=!pp

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

i downloaded from meraki dashboard so anyconnect client will automatically update ?

Nope, you need to install it manually or in the windows case you can install via GPO.

Another option is via Meraki MDM, but you need a license to use it.

so what is the solution ?

The solution is install it manually.

so it will not update automatically 

No, unless you have an MDM solution, and even then you need to download it manually and place it in an application library.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This post is only talking about the Windows version.

Cisco Secure Client (of which AnyConnect is a module) has a management platform called SecureX that lets you manage the firmware version and do updates automatically.  I did a post about it a while ago.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/Update-AnyConnect-clients-now/m-p/199052/highlight/t... 

HOWEVER, SecureX is currently being transitioned to a new platform, and new users can't sign up for it.  I think the new platform is likely to be available in the next couple of months.  Will the new platform add Linux and MacOS support ... I don't know.

There is also the Windows Store version of Cisco Secure Client, and this will also self update.  However it does not have 100% feature parity with the client you install.  You can check out the current supported feature list here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/Cisco-Secure-Client-5/release/n... 

hello, thank you, the windows app works with ssl vpn ? 

windows store version didn't work, as i am using saml authentication 

Abechara
Here to help

i tried windows anyconnect app but does not work as i am using saml authentication

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels