Z3 site to site download speed

Maximiliano
Here to help

Z3 site to site download speed

Recently my Z3 download speeds have taken a major hit - most noticeably today I was only getting about 3mbps while upload is a solid 50+.

I have fiber internet on both ends with plenty of speed. I've tried rebooting and hard rebooting the Z3 device with no improvement.

Site-to-Site VPN configured as Spoke with Hub being my MX67 device at the office.  All traffic runs through the tunnel.  I've never noticed a speed issue until the last week or two and today being the worst. 

Any ideas why my download speeds are struggling?

7 Replies 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try rebooting the MX67. Have either had firmware updates recently? 

If you bypass the site to site what speed does the Z3 get if accessing the internet directly? 

I rebooted the MX67 and updated the firmware this afternoon - nothing seems to have changed.  No updates or other changes recently that I'm aware of. 

Right now with site to site I'm getting like 2mbs download, if I bypass it I'm able to pull 80-100mbs.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have there been any recent changes?

Things such as:

- Firmware updates

- Enabling additional security features such as IPS

- Changes in network traffic

Do you have another device to test with to validate whether it's the Z3 or the ISP?

No changes that I'm aware of, other than I just ran a firmware upgrade on the MX67 in hopes it might fix things. (Without Success).

I have tested the following:

-PC hardwired to MX67 onsite = 100+mbs

-Hardwired to my local ISP router - 80-100mbs, wifi 50-60mbs

-Bypass site-to-site on Z3 and was able to pull 80-100mbs as well. 

Maximiliano
Here to help

Also of note - My upload speeds are great - 38-50mbs range.

Just the downloads that are struggling, and an issue that has been getting worse over the last week or two....  but today became unbearable. 

If I connect via port or wifi to a VLAN outside of the site-to-site I get great connection speeds.

It seems somewhere in the site-to-site tunnel my download is getting throttled down hard. 

Maximiliano
Here to help

Update - Meraki Support helped me troubleshoot some more items today and did some backend (non-client facing) items.  The CPU is running up to 100% usage and seems to be a hardware problem.  They have offered to replace the device as the next step as there may not be a solution. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels