Z3 and changing windows password

Eric_K
Just browsing

Z3 and changing windows password

We have a remote worker on a Z3.  I set up the z3 and her new computer, both her and I logged onto that pc for the first time ever, so we were reaching the domain controller.   However when I tried to have her update her windows password, it would not go through.  I wish I had taken down the error message, but it very much lead me to believe that the Z3 wasn't allowing that password change through to the domain controller (employee is out for a couple days or I would have her send me the message).    Anyone seen this behavior before and can tell me what to look for?

4 REPLIES 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Eric_K we use Z3s and don't have that issue, do you have SD-WAN firewall rules set?

Eric_K
Just browsing

we do not have any firewall rules or NATs set.  I guess the cable modem could be blocking this....

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Eric_K that is very unlikely as all traffic from the Z3 to the MX at the core is in one encrypted stream with the underlying networks unable to see what is inside.  Does it work from other remotely connected devices at other locations?

Eric_K
Just browsing

Well this is our only Z3 that we are using.   We have regular MX firewalls and switches at a couple other offices and those are working fine.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels