Wireless range of MX64W or MX67W

Solved
Bob283
Conversationalist

Wireless range of MX64W or MX67W

Does anyone know the generic range for the wireless capability for the MX64W or MX67W?  I found that the regular range for a MR product is 100 meters, but I can't find anything about the MX wireless-integrated products.

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no exact range, also not for the MR-range. It all depends on your environment. But at least when I was using the internal wireless of the MX64W, it was not that good as I was hoping. This, together with the fact that the MX/Z-wireless is quite limited and does not integrate with MR, I always plan for MXes without integrated wireless and add a small MR access point like the MR36 to the network.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no exact range, also not for the MR-range. It all depends on your environment. But at least when I was using the internal wireless of the MX64W, it was not that good as I was hoping. This, together with the fact that the MX/Z-wireless is quite limited and does not integrate with MR, I always plan for MXes without integrated wireless and add a small MR access point like the MR36 to the network.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Bob283 as a rule of thumb I'd say in the same room, though you might be lucky and have more range if the walls are flimsy etc.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm with @cmr , I think of it as providing coverage in a room or the immediate space.  I don't think I'd like to push it more than 20m.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.