Win10 VPN "element not found"

nintenDRU
Conversationalist

Win10 VPN "element not found"

I have searched and cannot find anything about the error below "Element Not Found", trying to connect a Win10 client to our VPN

vpn element not found_1.jpg

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try connecting using rasphone.exe instead.  Start/run/rasphone.exe.

Yes I tried that, I also tried the powershell script that was recomended to setup a new connection and use the rasphone.exe.

This is what I see in the Meraki log:

Mar 11 14:34:51
Non-Meraki / Client VPN negotiation msg:
IPsec-SA expired: ESP/Transport XX.XX.XXX.XXX[4500]->XXX.XXX.XXX.XX[4500] spi=701187524(0x29cb45c4)
Mar 11 14:34:51
Non-Meraki / Client VPN negotiation msg:
IPsec-SA expired: ESP/Transport XXX.XXX.XXX.XX[4500]->XX.XX.XXX.XXX[4500] spi=198789719(0xbd94a57)

And this is what I see on the client event log:

Log Name: Application
Source: RasClient
Date: 3/11/2020 5:09:45 PM
Event ID: 20227
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: User.DOMAIN.local
Description:
CoId={860C671C-A117-4ACC-B085-3FE31742860C}: The user DOMAIN\User dialed a connection named DOMAIN VPN which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 1168.

Have you found a solution? I have the same issue 

I think it was related to the AT&T users cell phone hot spot. He went home and it worked via his home network.

Good luck

Hi, I am having this same issue now on a Windows 10 laptop. If I disable my WAN miniport (L2TP) I do not get this error anymore.

NPECadmin
Just browsing

have you ever been able to connect? I just had the same issue, but I've connected successfully previously. MY solution was to disconnect then reconnect to the wi-fi and tried the VPN again and it worked. just my 2¢. Maybe that will help someone if not you. Thanks all!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels