We did not mean to block FaceBook

SOLVED
unkmanb
Conversationalist

We did not mean to block FaceBook

So, today none of my users can reach FaceBook.  I know of nothing that has changed. I suspect it has to do with Layer 7 blocking by country.  FaceBook now owns 31.13.64.0\18 and I suspect that range is covered by one of the country IPs.  Anyone have any thoughts on this.  My boss has blocked almost all countries, so it's not just a matter of deleting a few and adding back to see which may be the offending range.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

Sorry, but I have to...

So what is the problem you are having? I'm not seeing the issue 😉 lol

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

Sorry, but I have to...

So what is the problem you are having? I'm not seeing the issue 😉 lol
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One way to tell for sure.  Temporarily remove the country blocks and see if it starts working. 

pplenge
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Might be worth a shot doing an NSlookup from a blocked PC to facebook.com and see what IP you get. Then put the IP in here https://www.iplocation.net/. May help pinpoint the country, if the URL is being resolved by somewhere in an offending GEO-IP range. 

unkmanb
Conversationalist

It was a country block.  My boss blocks almost all countries.  We do no do international business. With so many countries blocked, it was not feasible to remove and add back to determine which.  Turned out to be Ireland.  Unblocked (with much malice).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels