I have a topology like this:
- MX-1 is the primary appliance, MX-1 is connected to both ISP1 and ISP2 routers
- MX-2 is the spare appliance, MX-2 is connected to both ISP1 and ISP2 routers
- The ports Internet 1 of MX-1 and MX-2 are already configured and are operational
- The ports Internet 2 of MX-1 and MX-2 are not configured yet (ISP2 did not provide the public IPs)
Now I've just received the public IPs from the ISP2 and wanted to configure the ports Internet 2 of both MX. I configured them in:
- Appliance status > Uplink
- Spare status > Uplink
I configured all IPs and saved the configuration but nothing displayed :
When I clicked on the pencil icon, I could see all the parameters that I configured.
I checked the ARP table but did not found any entries for Internet 2.
I learned from https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair
that "Dashboard configuration should always be performed before the Secondary MX is physically connected to the network."
Does it explain the issue that I have? What should I do now to bring up the Internet 2 ports?