Virtual MX

SOLVED
tantony
Head in the Cloud

Virtual MX

My company is expanding, and we might be moving to a second building.  This means I need another MX for site-to-site VPN.  I'm also looking into the possibility of a virtual MX appliance, but I know anything about this.  From what I know, this can be hosted in AWS, Azure, etc.  But how does the physical connection happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Make_IT_Simple
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

There is no physical connection. The virtual MX will be hosted in the cloud and you will use auto VPN to connect it to your physical MX. If you are expanding, you will probably need a second physical MX, and if need be, the virtual MX to access your server in the cloud.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Make_IT_Simple
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

There is no physical connection. The virtual MX will be hosted in the cloud and you will use auto VPN to connect it to your physical MX. If you are expanding, you will probably need a second physical MX, and if need be, the virtual MX to access your server in the cloud.

Thanks, I do prefer a physical MX like I have now, but just wanted to know the virtual MX instance works.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels