Verification of flow preference

SOLVED
kwillacey
Here to help

Verification of flow preference

Hello All, I have been through a few posts to find a way to verify that a flow preference configured to route Internet traffic over WAN2 is taking effect. Traceroutes/ICMP apparently aren't helpful since it will only use WAN1. The VPN status page doesn't seem to be a good place for Internet traffic. I don't see anything for WAN2 under uplink decisions, if that section of the page even loads. Is the only option really a 'what is my ip' on a client machine or doing some kind of packet capture from the MX? I am working remotely and waiting on output for a 'what is my ip' and traceroute from a client machine but I would love to be able to confirm via the dashboard. WAN2 is active.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do a capture on WAN2. That will give you conclusive evidence.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

There isn't much in the dashboard for Internet flows. There is a graph under Security > Appliance status that kinda shows this:

image.png

I can't think of anything else 😞

Thanks for the response jdsilva. I have been looking at that but was hoping for something more detailed. I guess that's as good as it gets for now.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do a capture on WAN2. That will give you conclusive evidence.

Thanks PhillipDAth, I just did that.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels