VRRP on LAN side with 2 x MX100 in Warm Spare mode

SOLVED
rocktreesign
Here to help

VRRP on LAN side with 2 x MX100 in Warm Spare mode

Hi,

I need to convert my single MX100 installation into a warm spare mode.   I have purchased a second MX100 but not installed it yet.  I am researching exactly what steps to take.  I have a /29 for the outside and can configure traditional VRRP there with a shared virtual IP and real IP per MX100.

My confusion comes with the inside vlan interfaces - How do I configure a virtual IP there and a real IP?  Is this option enabled once I have configured the warm spare or does Meraki do something funky on the inside and just use the single VLAN IP interface as the virtual and flip it over to the standby unit if necessary?

Cheers

RTS

Grumble : Why call it VRRP if its not standard grumble grumble grumble  🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rocktreesign indeed it does just use one internal IP and that lives on the active node in the pair.  Our Sophos firewalls also do the same and I find in both cases it works well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rocktreesign
Here to help

I think I just found the answer to my own question.  It only uses the one IP on the LAN side.  Weird Meraki.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rocktreesign indeed it does just use one internal IP and that lives on the active node in the pair.  Our Sophos firewalls also do the same and I find in both cases it works well.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels