VPN traffic over WAN2

SOLVED
JPaul
Here to help

VPN traffic over WAN2

Hello

I have a question about Non Meraki VPN peers over WAN2. We currently have a solution in place with a static IP but is only giving us 5mbps throughput, we have had some one out to test a new solution that will give us more than 4x the speed but no static. Can we use the better connection for accessing all data including what’s over the VPN to use the better speed on WAN1 or will all vpn traffic run over the rubbish WAN2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are using WAN2 to establish S2S VPN, all traffic to a specific destination will be over S2S VPN established over WAN2.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can configure to establish the VPN on another WAN.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thank you but will like file access use WAN2 to access the file or WAN1?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sorry, I don't understand. 😅

Do you want to use WAN2 to establish S2S VPN and WAN 1 for Internet access?

Or did I get it wrong?

But for example. If you are using WAN2 to establish S2S VPN, all traffic to a specific destination will be over S2S VPN established over WAN2.

I don't know if I was clear.

Hi basically want I want to know is if a file share is accessed over s2s will it be accessed and opened on WAN2 or WAN1

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are using WAN2 to establish S2S VPN, all traffic to a specific destination will be over S2S VPN established over WAN2.

Thank you this is what I thought. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels