VPN non meraki and client VPN

Solved
sebvasseur
Conversationalist

VPN non meraki and client VPN

i have one site (1) with MX with a VPN non meraki working for LAN(1),  a second site (2) with site to site VPN between (1) and (2) and with access for VPN client (2) , with vpn client(2)  i see LAN (1), LAN(2) but unable to use the non meraki VPN on site (1).

in route table from site (1) i see the ip address from vpn client(2) 

should i add a vlan in site 2 with ip from VPN non meraki and add a route to mx (1)  and disable access to lan(2) in the non meraki VPN ???

1 Accepted Solution
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

The routes learned from auto-VPN (Meraki to Meraki) cannot be advertised to a non-Meraki peer. You need to configure a separate IPsec tunnel pointed to site 2 if you would like that VLANs on that site to access the resources across the non-Meraki VPN peer.

Hope this helps.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

The routes learned from auto-VPN (Meraki to Meraki) cannot be advertised to a non-Meraki peer. You need to configure a separate IPsec tunnel pointed to site 2 if you would like that VLANs on that site to access the resources across the non-Meraki VPN peer.

Hope this helps.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels