VPN issues related to KB5026372 - is there any fix?

Solved
JohnK_OC
Conversationalist

VPN issues related to KB5026372 - is there any fix?

While I know it is more a Microsoft issue than a Meraki issue -- does Meraki (or anyone) have any visibility in to when they will put a fix out for the VPN issues being caused by KB5026372.

I am able to uninstall the patch on some machines, but on other machines it is not allowing me to.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Even if it is not the wanted answer, it really is the only answer!

JohnK_OC
Conversationalist

Because why? Not having to deal with another VPN Client was kinda nice.

JohnK_OC
Conversationalist

UPDATE

Since it appears the fix for this is not on the fast track, I went ahead and setup AnyConnect. It was much simpler than I thought, and my biggest hesitancy was that I would have to change/update all the other clients, but AnyConnect AND the L2TP can both be enabled/used at the same time. That gives me a little wiggle room to get things moved over.

Shonken
Here to help

Still no update that I can find on this issue.  Interestingly enough if you install the AnyConnect software you don't even have to use it.  Merely having it installed is enough to make the speed on the L2TP go back to normal.  Interested to hear an explanation as to why this is happening.  I had heard that the same thing happens if you install Wireshark but haven't tested it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels