VPN connection problem on MX 18.207

WOM
Comes here often

VPN connection problem on MX 18.207

Hi All,

I recently upgraded the MX450 firmware to version MX 18.207 and have encountered an issue with certain client VPN connections. Users have reported difficulties connecting, and some have had to attempt the "connect" process multiple times to successfully log in.

I am reaching out to inquire if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. Your insights and suggestions on resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

12 Replies 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using L2TP or Anyconnect? Does the downgrade work?

I suggest you open a support case for them to investigate.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
WOM
Comes here often

Thank you for your reply. We are using L2TP. I have not downgraded it due to the absence of any identified issues. Additionally, I require the features provided by MX version 18.207.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's a stable release candidate. so I suggest you to use the stable release.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
WOM
Comes here often

Thank you for your suggestion.

NotCisco
Here to help

I also encountered the same issue. Our spare would take over, failback to the primary for 30 minutes or so, and so on. I rolled back the software for now and opened a case. All of our other devices(Z3, MX80, Z1) all upgraded successfully. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NotCisco your MX80s and Z1s will not be running 18.207, see below from the release notes:

Legacy products notice

• When configured for this version, Z1 devices will run MX 14.56.
  • When configured for this version, MX400 and MX600 devices will run MX 16.16.9.
  • When configured for this version, MX64(W), MX65(W), MX84, MX100, and vMX100 devices will run MX 18.107.6.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And from 17.10.9 release notes:

Legacy products notice

• When configured for this version, Z1 and MX80 devices will run MX 14.56.
  • When configured for this version, MX400 and MX600 devices will run MX 16.16.9.
WOM
Comes here often

Thank you for sharing your experience

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had a bad run with 18.207 myself.  I would recommend rolling back at the moment.

WOM
Comes here often

Thank you for your suggestion.

Holli69
Getting noticed

We have also problems with 3rd party VPN connections (different Orgs) from all of our Branch Offices (MX85, MX95, MX105) to the Data Center VPN Concentrator MX450 all using FW 18.207. Rolling back to 18.107.7 solves the problem.

Waiting for a better 18.2xx Firmware, where the VPN connection problem doesn't exist anymore.

WOM
Comes here often

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I appreciate your valuable suggestion.

May I inquire about the duration of the rollback process?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels