VPN connection between Azure virtual network and Meraki MX64W

BobbieYav
New here

VPN connection between Azure virtual network and Meraki MX64W

We are trying to establish an IKEv2 VPN connection between our virtual network in Azure and our Meraki MX64W.  We were able to establish a connection but verifying connectivity from within Azure, a virtual machine was created and connected via ssh.  Attempting to ping any IP on the Meraki network times out and all packets transferred are lost.

Is this something than can be done with this Meraki appliance?

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked the security group ou azure?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Dunky
A model citizen

I have 20+ site-site VPN's from MX67's, MX84's, MS85's to Native Azure VPN and they all work without any issues.

I assume you have ticked the local subnets that you want to allow access to nothing is blocked in your Site-to-site outbound rules (although they will only apply to traffic from your MX to Azure?

If thats all ok then it sounds like an issue at the Azure end which is beyond my expertise 🙂

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you do a packet capture on the Meraki MX on the LAN interface - do you see the traffic arrive?

Do the machines you are pining have Windows firewall enabled - if so it is probably blocking the traffic.

Does Azure have a route for the subnet behind the MX?

Did you know a VMX-S is not that expensive?

https://meraki.cisco.com/product/security-sd-wan/virtual-appliances/vmx-small/ 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels