VPN Client Failed

Rylock217
Conversationalist

VPN Client Failed

We have a single computer in our network that for the life of me cannot get connected to the VPN. When viewing the Event Logs for Windows, it throws an error 720 when trying to connect. I have done a full tcp/ip reset, uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, deleted and recreated the VPN multiple times and it will never connect and just says "Connection to the remote server cannot be established, you may need to check the network settings". Any ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal
Rylock217
Conversationalist

Unfortunately I've followed those instructions multiple times and am still getting the failure to connect.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

OK, only other trick I got up my sleeve is make sure the Windows Firewall allows it. There's rules in both inbound and outbound.

image.png

@Rylock217 wrote:

Unfortunately I've followed those instructions multiple times and am still getting the failure to connect.

Does your primary LAN connection location in Windows happen to be set to Public?  Seem to remember that being a random problem on a remote user's Win10 laptop a while back, but can't remember the specifics.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Rarely I have seen issue with shim drivers, as installed by antivirus or other VPN clients.  Try uninstalling anything that looks like it could install something into the network stack.  If it works slowly reinstall the bits of software one at a time.  Sometimes the order that shim drivers get install is important.

Failing that, try seeing if there are any NIC driver updates (Ethernet and WiFi).

This did the trick for one of our client too.

Mojojojo
Conversationalist

This just happened to me with a single PC in our company. Deleting the miniports resolved the issue for me. 

Uninstalling the Miniport devices  and then Scanning for hardware changes fixed it for me too.

ToryDav
Building a reputation

Uninstalling WAN MINIPORT IP under windows device manager just did the trick for me.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels