User and Password for Cliente VPN

SOLVED
Nedy
Getting noticed

User and Password for Cliente VPN

Hello!

I have a MX100 as Firwall. Two questions:

1. Can I force the vpn client password to be strong?

2. Can I force the user of vpn clients to change their password every so often?

Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just to add to what @ChrisKemsley said. If you're using Meraki accounts the strong password setting can be found under the Security section in Organisation > Settings.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisKemsley
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

1. The client VPN password depends on what directory the client is authenticating against - i.e. AD or the Meraki Cloud. If you are storing user names / passwords in the cloud than you have the option to make the passwords for those users strong

2. By using Active Directory as the user directory that accounts will authenticate against, passwords and the policy around them, along with automated user creation / deletion amongst other benefits can be controlled by the directory servers.

Just to add to what @ChrisKemsley said. If you're using Meraki accounts the strong password setting can be found under the Security section in Organisation > Settings.

Excellent! Thank you very much! this is what i Needed

Excellent! Thank you!

Thank you!

This section of the dashboard is for administrator accounts, but not for vpn clients accounts

Thank you! I think your answer is the best option for mi. Thank you!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels