Updating WAN configuration

SOLVED
dhutton
Here to help

Updating WAN configuration

Hi,

I have noticed the below under the Wan configuration for a MX100 running 14.39.  Does that mean you cannot change from Dynamic to Static via the dashboard?

NOTE: Local WAN configuration cannot be overridden on this firmware version.

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@dhutton That is correct. This is added to prevent admins from changing the uplink IP of an MX by mistake from the dashboard.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SLR
Building a reputation

Can you supply a screen capture?

Have you tried to log in locally to the MX100 and changing it that way?
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Yeah try to login to local status page and configure from there. 

Enthusiast
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@dhutton That is correct. This is added to prevent admins from changing the uplink IP of an MX by mistake from the dashboard.

Hi,

Someone should update your support team:

To: charlie.rhodes@alfalaval.com
Subject: RE: Cisco Meraki Case 04413769: MX64 Remote WAN IP change [ ref:_00D606uBw._5000d1Wtbj1:ref ]

Greetings Charlie,
That would be possible remotely via dashboard, as long as you have a valid static IP for the uplink.

Hello Seshu,

Would this apply to a secondary WAN interface as well?  I have an MX67 which is configured with a static IP on WAN1, and I've found now way to update the WAN2 address.. The LAN port has been converted to a WAN, but, no way to switch it back, nor to configure it remotely.  Please advise.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@jsurles Login to the local status page. You should be able to configure port there.

Enthusiast

Unfortunately, the device is in another state.  Do I need to fly there to setup WAN2, or what?

Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@jsurles The local status page can be accessed by anyone onsite. So, if possible, try and get remote access to one of the computers onsite and you should be able to access mx.meraki.com

If this is not possible, you can also open the Local Status Page over internet, provided the MX has public IP or Port Forwarded on the ISP Modem. This is done at Security & SD WAN -> Firewall -> Security Appliance Services. 

I used the local status page for initial config to get an MX100 online as a static IP needed to be configured on the WAN interface.

Now that the device is online, I would like to switch to using the web portal/console - How can I switch to using the web portal? Do I need to wipe the device and start over?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the device is online you should be able to manage it through the Meraki website.  The link will start with something like https://n123.meraki.com

When you login with your dashboard credentials (you will have needed to set up a dashboard account to claim the license for the mx100) you should see the web portal monitoring and configuration pages.

Did you get a license with the device?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels