Untag VLAN on WAN 2 port

Solved
Tech1UAE
New here

Untag VLAN on WAN 2 port

Hi all,

New to the forum. Subject says it all.

Am testing an MX68 at home and would like to replace an 8-port switch. It would be beneficial for me to be able to configure WAN1 for internet traffic and WAN2 for IPTV traffic over a VLAN.

Is there any way of untagging a VLAN on the WAN port? I think I can do it on a LAN port but it would be a perfect device for the job if I can do this via WAN2.

Txs!

Andy

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wan port is not a trunk and uses the untagged vlan. (You can set a vlan on the local status page)

So you need the switch to split the vlans of isp

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wan port is not a trunk and uses the untagged vlan. (You can set a vlan on the local status page)

So you need the switch to split the vlans of isp

Thanks,

I've never really understood the difference between trunk and access... 😞

Ah OK, so the WAN ports are acces ports? In that case, can I not specify VLAN4 on the WAN2 port and this would be untagged?

I don't need multiple VLANs on the WAN port, just for the data to be transmitted over a VLAN so I can route the traffic through two switches and to my TV box.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can do that. But the mx wan ports expect  internet connectivity.  

Can you just use a lan port of the mx. And set it to access and vlan 4

Yes, I could do that but wanted to keep it really tidy. The ISP gives me an IP address on the second WAN in a different subnet.

I basically just don't want the traffic to be tagged as the IPTV box can't understand it.

Sorry, another issue seems to be I have to put in IP addresses for the VLAN. I can't seem to add a VLAN only.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

use a random ip subnet f.e. 10.20.30.0/28 , and turn off dhcp for that vlan.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels