Unstable connection

Aryinomoto
Comes here often

Unstable connection

Right now I'm using the MX-100, with unstable connections and a lot of ping. I tested the Ping Gateway as in the picture above and the picture below is the Ping Server.  I want to know what caused it.    

1581912562364.jpg

1 Reply 1
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Not sure if I followed what you are after, I do see the one dropped ping in the 2nd screen shot.  ICMP in general is low priority.  Successful pings are always a good thing, but occasional unsuccessful pings are not necessarily a bad thing.  Dropped pings can be caused by any number of L1, L2 or L3 issues.  Would have to do further testing with something more reliable than ping alone.  In what way are the connections unstable?  I'd suggest running some other live tools from the tools tab of the MX itself as well as certain other tools on the end PC through the MX.  You can open a case with Meraki Support to further diagnose any connectivity issues, including upstream from the MX, they can examine the connection monitor and advise if it looks like something is going on with your ISP connection.  Also if you have an MI (Meraki Insight) license running on the MX, look over your WAN Health stats.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels