Unique Client Identifier Should I switch?

Einstein
Getting noticed

Unique Client Identifier Should I switch?

Running full Meraki infrastructure. When initially set up, "Routed Mode" was chosen by the company that set it up (5 years ago). We have had reporting issues ever since, but I am able to figure out what was actually happening.  Now it seems things are getting worse, to the point I cannot figure out routing for some devices. I have routing for some devices showing as going to other buildings (6-7 hops sometimes) on our campus even though they should only have 1 hop to our core stack. 

I am told to switch to unique client identifier (I have been down this path before).

Things I am concerned about.

I will lose years of logging...etc. Not sure if this something I need to worry about, but when you hear your losing years of logs.....well ya know 8-). 

We are running current firmware. I have read some folks have internet speed issues when "Unique client Identifier" is used.

Unique client identifier is still listed as "Beta" which concerns me. It has been listed as Beta for over 6 years now. Has me a little concerned.

Just wanted the community's thoughts on this. Should I switch y/n?

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have any network topology to share?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Einstein
Getting noticed

Einstein_0-1701096560782.png

Layer 2 would take me an hour to edit out all names...etc. Plus I would need to put it into 3 screen shots. If you want it I'll make it happen, will just take me awhile...lol 

I don't think this is an accurate L3 picture, as per this topic. 

Thank you alemabrahao!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have used "unique client identifier" a lot without issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels