Unable to resolve the name using site to site VPN

SOLVED
HaniAbuelkhair4
Getting noticed

Unable to resolve the name using site to site VPN

I have two offices that I'm going to connect with a site-to-site VPN. I have two Meraki MX64's and have setup the site-to-site using Hub (Mesh) mode. I performed a test of the VPN it seemed to work well. I could ping between sites, and i can ping the windows server that is my DNS and shared folder server,  I am unable to ping the domain name or server name.

I have 4 sites on that site to site VPN group accessing the same shared folder with no issues, only this remote site i have the site to site VPN up and i can ping both sites with no issues and i can map the shared folder by IP but i need the domain controller to be reachable by name not IP.

I have configured the DNS server on the DHCP to point to that DNS server Custom nameservers similar to other location but again hostname is not resolving.

Any suggestions or ideas ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should not need WINs - so I won't tell you how to fix that one ...

All you should need is a DNS suffix on your machines to search within their own domain name.  You can configure this on Meraki DHCP by adding custom option 15, and filling in your AD internal domain name (like company.local).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HaniAbuelkhair4
Getting noticed

I found the issue its the Wins server 

But i could not find away to setup the wins server on my DHCP setting 

if you have DNS server you can set that on on the  Custom nameservers on the DHCP, but i dont know where can i force my wins server on the DHCP 

Only Client VPN you can see the  Custom nameserver for wins not the DHCP

I remember that the we have the DHCP option but dont know the ode for Wins any help please 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should not need WINs - so I won't tell you how to fix that one ...

All you should need is a DNS suffix on your machines to search within their own domain name.  You can configure this on Meraki DHCP by adding custom option 15, and filling in your AD internal domain name (like company.local).

HaniAbuelkhair4
Getting noticed

Thanks @PhilipDAth  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels