Trouble connecting to a destination on TCP port 1500

SOLVED
KDedesko
New here

Trouble connecting to a destination on TCP port 1500

Newbie here.  Did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have an inside interface with 192.168.1.0/24.

The servers on the inside need to be able to access a cloud service on port 1500.

So inside (192.168.1.0/24) to the outside to any destination on 1500.

There is a rule that allows all outbound access (any source, any source port to any destination on any port)

ICMP to the destination works (so I know the inside IP is being mapped to the outside IP of the MX) but not for port 1500.

Any thoughts on what i can try or look at or what the problem might be?

Much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue wasn't with the Meraki. The software on the server on the inside interface was faulting.  It was not able to start up correctly.   Thanks for all the valuable feedback.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have how many WAN links? Try to create a flow preference using a preferred uplink:

alemabrahao_0-1648666591630.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

And make sure that your public IP is allowed to access port 1500 on your cloud service.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

KDedesko
New here

Two WAN links. A server on the inside network (192.168.1.x) goes out WAN  port 1. The cloud service allows any source in on port 1500. I can reach that service from my desktop from at home.

From what you're saying, I gather it should work, right?   The inside servers can go out on the web, mapped to the outside IP of the MX appliance, and hit any TCP port out on the web?

Yes.

Well, so It should be work, perform a packet capture on the dashboard to verify if you receive any answer.

Thanks. Will do.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In case you dont see anything leave  the wan interface, then take a look in the event log and security center if nothing gets blocked  by amp/ips/content filter 

The issue wasn't with the Meraki. The software on the server on the inside interface was faulting.  It was not able to start up correctly.   Thanks for all the valuable feedback.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels