Transposing Port Forwarding Settings from old router to MX68 (check my work!)

Solved
RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Transposing Port Forwarding Settings from old router to MX68 (check my work!)

Hello! 

My friend has one of those Verizon range extenders that plugs into your internet and gives you a little microcell situation at home. We are switching his old router out and a MX68 comes tomorrow. I think I did this right I just want to confirm.

Here is the doc that Verizon offers that tells you how to configure it. Page down for Cisco:

https://www.verizon.com/support/network-extender-router-configuration/

Here is a screen shot of the old router config that worked fine:

RumorConsumer_0-1628873129123.png

Here is the screen shot of how Ive configured the MX68 settings (router comes tomorrow just getting things ready)

RumorConsumer_1-1628873162771.png

Does this look right? Based on the instructions is there anything else I need to do? 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had a read over their page.  They say not to do anything unless after an hour it has not started working.

Their instructions basically just describe going through various consumer routers and allowing inbound connections.

99.9% likely you can delete those port forwards and it will work fine.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I would try the device without any of that, personally.  I don’t have experience with that particular device, but often these devices intended for home users give instructions that are not accurate and degrade your security.  I have a strong suspicion it will work out of the box without any port forwarding rules as long as you are not explicitly blocking anything it needs.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Super I will try that

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I had a read over their page.  They say not to do anything unless after an hour it has not started working.

Their instructions basically just describe going through various consumer routers and allowing inbound connections.

99.9% likely you can delete those port forwards and it will work fine.

amazing thanks @PhilipDAth 

This did not work. 

neither did the settings i posted

any ideas?

Fix was a hard factory reset (paperclip for 10 seconds kind of thing) of the device

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels