Templates and Static Routing conflict issue.

SOLVED
DevilWAH
Here to help

Templates and Static Routing conflict issue.

Can any one explain this. 

In my template (very simple PoC) i have set up 2 vlans each set to use a unique Subnet in the from a /24 from the supernet 10.0.0.0/8 

And this works fine. 

But  also have a site to site VPN to the corperate network that has a satic route of 10.0.0.0/8 

So my idea is that any /24 will get routed localy if its assigned and the rest will route back to the corperate network. 

However as soon as a put in the 10.0.0.0/8 static route when i go to deploy a new network from the template I get 

"no free subnets in 10.0.0.0/8" and it will not bind the template. 

I know it a wa yto protect from over lapping IP's but in this case I would like it to work? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @DevilWAH 

This is due to the overlapping subnets validation test failing at the template level. There is an option that Meraki Support can enable on the backend on your Template to bypass this validation. Please open a case and provide the details to our team and an NSE could enable this on your Org.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Seshu

Meraki Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @DevilWAH 

This is due to the overlapping subnets validation test failing at the template level. There is an option that Meraki Support can enable on the backend on your Template to bypass this validation. Please open a case and provide the details to our team and an NSE could enable this on your Org.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Seshu

Meraki Team

Cheer I have got a responce back and Engineer so sorting it out. 

I think it would be nice if we could "tag" these Default routes and have them exempt from unique checking our selves. or chose to validate agsint either or both  "assigned subnets" and / or "routes".

Becasue the validation is useful but this method in networking of using supernet routes for summarising is common. We use it in all out hub sites to route all private IP's back to the core. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels