Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template unique subnet generate Error

Highlighted
Building a reputation

Template unique subnet generate Error

Dear expert , 

I have created template to sync config to network from the dashboard. (Note that , my dashboard just created, currently no device (MX) has added). i just do pre-config.

My problem is that , when i go to address  & Vlan . i try to config unique ip , so i what input as below:

"/24 from 10.0.0.0/16 10 VLAN20 Auto-generated User_Vlan10" copied from the dashboard.

then it got error and says :

"Failed to autogenerate 1 unique subnet for VLAN '10' : subnet pool '/24 from 10.0.0.0/16' has 0 subnets available.

and then it turn me to its own configuration :

/10 from 10.0.0.0/8 10 VLAN20 Auto-generated User_Vlan10

could you help on this ?, currently i need to preconfig on template and add device later.

what has i done wrong ?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Template unique subnet generate Error

This happens when you have two templates using the same supernet or overlapping supernets.

You can ask support to disable unique IP addressing checking - but then it is up to you to make sure it is correct.

Highlighted
Building a reputation

hi @Philip , Thanks for you reply but currently i have only one template not two
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I wonder if this has something to do with their being no devices in the organisation.  Was this template of type "combined"?

Highlighted
Building a reputation

Dear Philip ,
you are right , i use combined network .
you can try to create an organization , without device and follow the step that i do , you will see the error.
i don't know why
Highlighted
Building a reputation

Do you have any solution for that ?
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.