Template unique subnet generate Error

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Template unique subnet generate Error

Dear expert , 

I have created template to sync config to network from the dashboard. (Note that , my dashboard just created, currently no device (MX) has added). i just do pre-config.

My problem is that , when i go to address  & Vlan . i try to config unique ip , so i what input as below:

"/24 from 10.0.0.0/16 10 VLAN20 Auto-generated User_Vlan10" copied from the dashboard.

then it got error and says :

"Failed to autogenerate 1 unique subnet for VLAN '10' : subnet pool '/24 from 10.0.0.0/16' has 0 subnets available.

and then it turn me to its own configuration :

/10 from 10.0.0.0/8 10 VLAN20 Auto-generated User_Vlan10

could you help on this ?, currently i need to preconfig on template and add device later.

what has i done wrong ?

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This happens when you have two templates using the same supernet or overlapping supernets.

You can ask support to disable unique IP addressing checking - but then it is up to you to make sure it is correct.

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

hi @Philip , Thanks for you reply but currently i have only one template not two
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wonder if this has something to do with their being no devices in the organisation.  Was this template of type "combined"?

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Dear Philip ,
you are right , i use combined network .
you can try to create an organization , without device and follow the step that i do , you will see the error.
i don't know why
SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Do you have any solution for that ?
daniel_bostock
Getting noticed

Hey @SopheakMang,

I encountered the same issues when using templates today as well. I was using the 10.1.0.0/16 subnetteed out per site. I had been using 10.255.0.0/16 elsewhere. So it wasn't my first template like you described. However I think regardless the issue can be fixed by what I am about to explain.

The first step is to raise this with Meraki support. You will need to request them to enable the Loose Subnets feature. What this does is prevent the Meraki logic from checking whether you are using a subnet in the same supernet as 10.0.0.0/8. Of course, you still want some sanity checking by Meraki so ask them to enable the second feature which will verify if there is overlapping subnets within the 10/8 network.

After these two features were enabled this, fixed my problem and I was able to assign my template with no issues.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels