Tempate Question

Solved
athan1234
Building a reputation

Tempate Question

Hello

How should the templete be attached to the organization?

I try to clarify the circumstances.

I put together a template combination for a some  networks, We need to install an MX and swap out the current SW 250MS (trial license) for another SW 120 without a trial license.

Current Network
Name nekwork: Sanjorge
Device :Ms250

License :Trial

My colleagues advise me to start a new network, such as sanjorge01, as the best course of action. and attached  the template and attached the MX an MS . 

Name nekwork: Sanjorge01
Device :Ms120 and MX
License :Mx , Ms120

My plan is to connect the existing San Jorge network to the templete for before I am able to attach the  anew  Mx and 
 new Ms120 and erase the MS250 however my college advises against proceeding out of fear.
What is the best approach to take it ?

1 Accepted Solution

As I said, it won't have any impact. Trust me.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just, create new networks, bind them on the template and test the configurations before migrating. After you confirm that it all working as expected, migrate It.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

athan1234
Building a reputation

why is better to creatte a new network and bind the template ?

Here a documentation that can help you:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Creating_and_Dele...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd just bind the existing network to your template.

MS won't be affected, as you have to separately apply an MS template to a switch for it to have any impact.  The MXs are new, so it won't make any difference to them.

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi @PhilipDAth  yes it was my idea .

I notice that some networks are using MX 64, but I'm not sure how this will influence things because I can't see the model current MX in the template. I am able to  see the model of the SW trought the ports of the template. The client will switch from the existing MX 64 to MX 75.

Do you think if I  bind these  centers  with MX 64 it will be affect ?

How the template will affect to the current MX64 if the tempalte dosent know the new model is MX 75 . Do you think in these cases is better to create a new network for this purposes.?

@athan1234,

It will not affect anything if you bind on the template. I have a client with 800+ on the template and almost every week we need to bind 5+ MX on the template, so you don't need to be afraid.

athan1234
Building a reputation

I am aware that the sw has no impact because the current SW is 250 MS and the templete is 120. However, the model MX is not visible in the template . I'm not sure whether I understand myself, hehehe

As I said, it won't have any impact. Trust me.

athan1234
Building a reputation

Ok thanks I always trust  you 👍

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels