Telnet session from internet to internal AS400

Aondio_Carlo
Here to help

Telnet session from internet to internal AS400

Hi,

I have a firewall rule that allows telnet from some public ip to my internal AS400. I had the same rule on a PIX and everything worked perfectly. With the Meraki I have the problem that the session times out after 10 minutes. On the pix there was a timeout command on conn of 1 hour and it was editable. Does meraki have a default timeout?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Not to my knowledge. You might be better off contacting support to confirm with them just in case its a hidden feature or something.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Let me suggest a completely different solution.

I would try to phase out open telnet access to your AS400 over the Internet.  It's not secure.  It's not safe for you.

Instead, enable client VPN.  Then have the person run their telnet session over that.  This will probably resolve your 10 minute session issue as well.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Client_VPN_Overview 

Hi

thank for answer.

The customer needs to connect directly because the device cannot configure a vpn client.
I also opened a support call but I'm still waiting for a reply.

What interests me is that it is the meraki that introduces the timeout and if it is possible to change it.

Regards

What about getting them a little Z3, and plugging this device into that, and having the Z3 use AutoVPN back to your MX?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels