Static routes for Client VPN

JPaul
Here to help

Static routes for Client VPN

Hello

Apologies if this has been spoken about before but it has been racking my brain for over a year of trial and error. 

we have created a Meraki client VPN with an ip scope of 172.16.52.0/24 we have a static route allowing any 172.16.0.0/16 to our data centre and have used the Connection manager administration kit (CMAK) to create a deployment we can deploy out. 

Users can access file shares and certain websites but on other local web applications we are unable to access them but if we run a bat file that adds static routes (netsh interface ip add route ……) then everything works why do we need to do this or is there anyway to automate this?

Thank you always for your help. 

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Theoretically, if you advertise this network in the site-to-site VPN configuration, you do not need to add statistical routes.

The only case that saw this need was when using Linux.

Is this VPN network enabled to participate in SD-WAN? Can you send a printscreen of the configuration?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Apologies which config?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

😉

IMG_20240306_195830~2.jpg

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

JPaul_0-1709766943197.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have to enable the client VPN to receive the routes.

If I do would it drop any current connections?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nope 

Bril, Thank you I will get a change put in to test.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels