Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Kenneth_rf
Here to help

Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Hello,

I have tried looking for information on this type of event since it is giving me problems lately.

Kenneth_rf_0-1625738440491.png

Could someone explain to me what it refers to and why is there this error?

The solution that I apply is to assign a fixed IP and then release it. But I would like to understand the problem itself.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, I'd guess there could be an issue with your DHCP server. The IP address from your screenshot is a so-called "APIPA" address that's being used when a client doesn't have other ways to obtain a "real" IP address.

As soon as this IP hits your MX, it will take a look at its routing table and doesn't find that IP address range (or "thinks" this is located within your default route. Because of https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/IP_Source_Address_Spoofing_Protecti... it will prevent communication.

Iridium79
Getting noticed

By any chance do you have bonjour forwarding on both access point and Mx, if yes remove it from the access point.   I had the same issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels