Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

DanielP9
Here to help

Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Hi,

I have a D-Link DES-1210 switch connected to a MX64 LAN port. On the D-Link I have set the management VLAN to 2 and the management IP static as 10.0.2.2

Everything is working except I see error messages every 12 hours in the MX log like this (Full MAC removed by me):

source_client_ip: 10.0.2.2
source_client_mac: 70:62:xx:xx:xx:xx
source_client_assigned_vlan: 1
last_illegal_ip_mapped_vlan_id	2

VLAN 2 has been created on the MX without a DHCP server and is allowed on the port connected to the D-Link. At the D-Link end the port is tagged with VLAN 2 (and tagged with other VLANS) and un-tagged with VLAN 1.

Any thoughts? Is this a D-Link bug?

Thanks,

Peter.

2 REPLIES 2
DensyoV
Meraki Employee

Re: Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Hi,

Please make sure the port configuration between your MX and D-link switch are both using the same native VLAN. Based on your D-link configuration, the native VLAN is 1.
The reason for the alert is that the MX detects that MAC address to be sending traffic using VLAN 2 but its IP 10.0.2.2 is on VLAN 1 from MX's perspective.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.
DanielP9
Here to help

Re: Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I have configured it as:

On the MX64 I have a LAN port with:

• Native VLAN1 (default)
  • Allowed VLANs: 1,2,20,30,40

On the D-Link port at the other end of the cable I have:

• Tagged VLANs: 2,20,30,40
  • Untagged VLANs: 1
  • PVID: 1

Is this correct?

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.