Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

DanielP9
Here to help

Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Hi,

I have a D-Link DES-1210 switch connected to a MX64 LAN port. On the D-Link I have set the management VLAN to 2 and the management IP static as 10.0.2.2

Everything is working except I see error messages every 12 hours in the MX log like this (Full MAC removed by me):

source_client_ip: 10.0.2.2
source_client_mac: 70:62:xx:xx:xx:xx
source_client_assigned_vlan: 1
last_illegal_ip_mapped_vlan_id	2

VLAN 2 has been created on the MX without a DHCP server and is allowed on the port connected to the D-Link. At the D-Link end the port is tagged with VLAN 2 (and tagged with other VLANS) and un-tagged with VLAN 1.

Any thoughts? Is this a D-Link bug?

Thanks,

Peter.

2 REPLIES 2
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

Please make sure the port configuration between your MX and D-link switch are both using the same native VLAN. Based on your D-link configuration, the native VLAN is 1.
The reason for the alert is that the MX detects that MAC address to be sending traffic using VLAN 2 but its IP 10.0.2.2 is on VLAN 1 from MX's perspective.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I have configured it as:

On the MX64 I have a LAN port with:

• Native VLAN1 (default)
  • Allowed VLANs: 1,2,20,30,40

On the D-Link port at the other end of the cable I have:

• Tagged VLANs: 2,20,30,40
  • Untagged VLANs: 1
  • PVID: 1

Is this correct?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels