Skewed data on Summary Report

Klinternet
Conversationalist

Skewed data on Summary Report

Morning from Ohio!

Just wondering if anybody else noticed a skewed data usage report from a weekly Summary Report from your MX box last week? My network usage showed a 3,500% increase than previous history. Yet, when I look at client usage filtered by, 'the last week,' I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Anyone else?

5 Replies 5
KRobert
Head in the Cloud

I am not. Is this happening across your organization or on each MX network? Does it differ per network?
CMNO, CCNA R+S

Across the organization. Our MX is our edge device. No, other networks are showing consistent data usage. It's strange...

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I've seen something similar for specific clients (random) where I'll see like an iPhone as #1 top talker for last 30 days. I click on the client and show last 30 days, because I want to see what he was doing, and its minimal usage. So the numbers don't line up at all.

That is rare though, but I suspect dashboard bug
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I'm thinking, and hoping it's a glitch. I put in a ticket with Meraki, but haven't heard back yet. Wanted to see if anyone else has notice something like this.

The data usage is so far out of baseline that I think I would have noticed or heard something from our users. It's almost DoS like...

I got this reply from Meraki Support:

There is no clear answer into why the Summary Report shows that massive spike but I believe it does have to do with that ISP outage.

I did find out there is a reporting difference between the client usage page and the summary report:

- Summary Report deals in only full day intervals (midnight to midnight)
 - Client List displays from the time the page is loaded to whatever time selector is set to

So yes they will be off. I have to do more research if need be and ask our UI/development team which may take a minute.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels