Site to Site and Client VPN Suddenly Broken

Solved
Peetza
Conversationalist

Site to Site and Client VPN Suddenly Broken

I have several networks comprised of an MX100 hub and MX64 spokes.

I also have two non-Meraki peers, both Sonicwall devices.

I have a few users that use client VPN on Windows 10 machines.

Until about a day ago, all were working normally. A day or so ago, the site to site VPNs went down but the non-Meraki peers remain connected. The client VPNs can no longer connect, with Event Viewer indicating error 809.

These clients VPNs are on various networks, personal, corporate, etc. No firewalls are in the way and there are no NATs between them.

I tried adding the registry entry indicating in some troubleshooting guides for error 809, with no change.

Even on the still connected non-Meraki peers, no traffic will pass through. Even ping doesn't work from one firewall to the other.

Note that no configuration changes have been made. All was working one day, and not the next.

The firewalls all indicate that are connected as normal and behind VPN friendly NATs.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution
Peetza
Conversationalist

Well.... apparently it's a known issue with the MX100. A reboot seems to fix it, but they "don't expect it to recur". Comforting.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like you should get in touch with Meraki support ASAP. For S2S, things like overloaded VPN registries could slow down everything, but as it sounds, you're not even able to connect.

Peetza
Conversationalist

Thanks, already put in a case but they're not exactly lightning fast to respond... and rarely fix an issue in anything less than days.

Peetza
Conversationalist

I'm also not really sure what to make of these two screen that seem to report contradictory information. The "Organization" VPN Status screen shows all VPNs connected and healthy. 

The local screen for the hub shows all down.VPN_screen_2.jpgVPN_screen_1.jpg

Peetza
Conversationalist

Well.... apparently it's a known issue with the MX100. A reboot seems to fix it, but they "don't expect it to recur". Comforting.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels