Site to Site VPN

SOLVED
Gordon
Getting noticed

Site to Site VPN

I am new to Meraki firewalls.  I am in the process of configuring a template for our MX84 that is on order.  What I am trying to figure out and I have read the online documentation is setting up a VLAN with a unique subnet.   I see how to do that under Addressing and VLANs.  What I am trying to determine is, what is the purpose of this.  I currently use pfSense for my firewalls and I didn't have to do anything like that.  I used IPSEC and pointed to the subnets at each end that I wanted to be able to converse.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

for assigning automatic a unique subnet to each mx you deploy that you bind to the template.

you dont need to use templates or this option if you dont like/need it

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

for assigning automatic a unique subnet to each mx you deploy that you bind to the template.

you dont need to use templates or this option if you dont like/need it

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple...

Gordon
Getting noticed

Thanks for the response.  Reading this about templates, I realize I probably don't want to use them.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You only use templates when you have lots of sites.  You would not use a template if you only had a single site.

@PhilipDAth wrote:

You only use templates when you have lots of sites.  You would not use a template if you only had a single site.

I realize that now.  I was hoping to use the template to pre-program my firewalls as we haven't received them yet.  After reading the document recommended by ww I realize that is not the best approach.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Once you have the shipping email from Cisco you can add your devices to the dashboard.  From this point on you can configure the devices.  There is no need to wait for the devices to arrive.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels