Site to Site VPN (Access restricted sites)

Ubaidkhan
Here to help

Site to Site VPN (Access restricted sites)

Hi,

As i have 2 meraki MX appliances working on different location one is in dubai and other one is in pak. As i have configured site to site auto VPN on them. As Pak gov has restricted some of his govt sites for other countries due to some securities issue. so from dubai office sometimes we need to access does sites but due to restriction we are able to access these sites. 

i there any possibility that dubai users can access does sites through site to site VPN. if any please guide.

4 REPLIES 4
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

If i'm correct, your attempting to use the AutoVPN connection to allow users from Dubai (behind the MX) to access websites that are hosted behind the Pak MX device is that correct?

If this is correct, then yes this would be possible with the correct routing configured.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Hi Miles,

You are correct.. but the websites are govt site and hosted on govt servers .. not in my company domain .. users both (pak and Dubai) need internet to access them in Pakistan... 

Pakistan users can access those sites but .. Dubai users can't.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

The only way I can think of getting that to work is by sending all your internet traffic via Pak. You do that by setting Dubai with an exit hub of Pak on the AutoVPN page, but then All internet traffic will be tunnelled to Pak.

As bruce has suggested above, the only way I could see this possible to overcome Geolocation blocking issues is to route all traffic down the AutoVPN to the PAK MX which acts as the Internet gateway for the Dubai user traffic.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels