Setting up Secondary WAN

Solved
jsurles
Here to help

Setting up Secondary WAN

I have an MX67 running MX14.40.  The device was manually configured via the local console to set a static IP on WAN1, and deployed to a remote location (TX -> WA).  A second WAN connection is being added, and while WAN2 is listed as there, I have the dreaded:

NOTE: Local WAN configuration cannot be overridden on this firmware version.

I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to configure WAN2 without flying out or walking someone there through the process of connecting locally (definitely not preferred).   Additionally, I have been unable to reproduce the configuration locally.. as my spares all seem to allow me to edit both WAN1 and WAN2 via the cloud whether that was their original configuration, or a reset them and do an initial static config via the local interface.  These are all using the same firmware, MX14.40.

Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that will enable the above restriction, or better yet, disable it?

Any helpful information would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hey @jsurles ,

Go to Security & SD-WAN > Firewall and change this setting:

image.png

This will allow you to reach the local status page from a remote location. Just don't forget to change it back when you're done! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hey @jsurles ,

Go to Security & SD-WAN > Firewall and change this setting:

image.png

This will allow you to reach the local status page from a remote location. Just don't forget to change it back when you're done! 🙂

This definitely sounds like an option.. will work in a pinch.

I'd much prefer to manage this via the meraki cloud.. any idea what causes the "break" in being able to manage the WAN connections?

cwf
Getting noticed

jsurles,

If the MX67 is currently online using WAN1 , why not access the local status page through the WAN1 public IP to set WAN 2 ?    You will need to check  Network-wide>>General>>Device configuration to enable local status page access and set a password. Also may need to check Security>>>Firewall>>> Security appliance services and verify allowed remote IPs. Then access the MX from its public IP on WAN1.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels