Setting up Employer Meraki MX67 at Home Network

KHarman
New here

Setting up Employer Meraki MX67 at Home Network

Hello all.  I brought home an MX to setup on my home equipment: a Netgear router and a personally-owned Motorola modem.  A standard home Internet setup.  Where do I fit the MX in?  And how do I do so with the VPN working so I may access company network resources?  At various company sites, the MX is typically setup as a Spoke.

Thanks, all.  And let me know if I need to provide further details.

KHarman

2 Replies 2
PatWruk
Getting noticed

They are generally setup wired behind your router. Then you can either hard wire your work laptop in or use the wireless, if that model supports wireless.

For that to work the other side must be public facing. So the VPN concentrator used would need a public IP, or IP/port forwarding configured

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your netgear router will probably sit right behind your modem.  Behind your netgear router will probably be your LAN containing your TV's, computers and other stuff.

Connect the WAN1 port of the MX to a lan port behind the netgear router.

If you have all the necessary ports open on the netgear (by default they will be open) the MX will register with the cloud and form it's VPN tunnel to the hub.

Then you can add your company pc and devices behind the mx on those lan ports.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels