Security Appliance Port

Solved
Nikita
Conversationalist

Security Appliance Port

I recently replaced 2 switches due to a bad storm and the main switch is uplink is port 1 and it is plugged into port 3 of the MX. the MX is online but port 3 will not provide a link nor is there one on the uplink for the switch. If i take the cable from port 1 of the MX and plug it directly into the port 1 of the switch, it provides a link. When i put everything back as it should be, i tried moving the cable in port 3 on the MX to port 4 and still had no link. Can anyone help me with this? 

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could also try testing the ports using a notebook, and see if it can get a link light - but it sounds like the MX is damaged as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

If you had two switches that needed to be replaced due to bad weather, and they were connected to the same ports on the MX I'd might consider if the MX also needed to be replaced. 

If you've verified that the ports on the MX are enabled and tried with new cables, and the link still isn't going up, then I'd open a ticket with Meraki and consider to have the MX RMAed.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

That’s what I was thinking that maybe the MX ports are bad as well. I may temporarily bypass the MX until I can get it replaced. Thank you!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could also try testing the ports using a notebook, and see if it can get a link light - but it sounds like the MX is damaged as well.

Nikita
Conversationalist

I will do that this morning.Thank you! 

Nikita
Conversationalist

That was the issue. Thank you so much for your response. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels