Secure SD-WAN plus license tier on May 19th price list

Roska
A model citizen

Secure SD-WAN plus license tier on May 19th price list

Hello

Anybody got their hands in on new SDWAN plus license tier for the MX family? Features, config options and GUI? Also looking for information on the HW and FW requirements. Current HW lineup is supported but with which FW onwards?

Seems to be available for all current MX devices but no docs yet available. PID logic: LIC-MX model-SDW-duration

6 REPLIES 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Well spotted. Haven't heard anything about that. Maybe something for SaaS applications?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd be guessing 15.x as all new features are going in there, hopefully there isn't a plan to take away something we are using!

Roska
A model citizen

@cmr @BrechtSchamp  this settles it, if you guys have no idea I might as well sit back and wait for additional training to come. 🙂 I believe this is a new license tier for Enterprise and Adv Security and this includes some MI features + more.

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

A product page has been posted: 

https://meraki.cisco.com/product/security-sd-wan/license/secure-sd-wan-plus-license/

And Licensing info:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_MX_Security_and_SD-WAN_Lic...

Right now it's essentially just adding MI to Adv Security but to every unit in your org. But down the road it will include more powerful SD-WAN smarts. If you look at the recent announcement of Thousand Eyes being bought by Cisco I have a feeling that might be related. It's priced at basically Adv Security plus MI so if you already have MI for all your sites I'd suggest switching.

Per the license page MI will remain available for those orgs that only need limited coverage of that feature set.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So no new features and your whole org needs to have it.  We use MXs for SD-WAN and public internet access so this licensing model is useless for us as we'd have to pay for advanced security and MI on a load of devices where we don't want any of those features.

I hope they fix the broken MX licensing model soon 😇 

Roska
A model citizen

I agree, this SDW plus makes things a bit more complicated with the org level way of licensing stuff on MXs. Edited: yet a new update on price list on June. Curious to see where this SDW plus is heading with all the ML fuss.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels